Last updated: 24 September 2019
Terms and Conditions
Acceptance of this Agreement
By using this Website and/or purchasing any of XUVIATE GmbH’s (hereinafter referred to as “Xuviate”) Programs and/or Services, you are voluntarily agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, and you are legally agreeing that you have read, understand, and fully consent to the terms below.
If you have any questions about any of these Terms and Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] before using XUVIATE’s Services.
You must be eighteen (18) years old and have the legal ability to agree to these Terms and Conditions; thus, if you are under the age of eighteen (18) or you do not agree to terms below, STOP now, and do not use the Service.
THE LEGAL AGREEMENT SET OUT BELOW GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS BELOW.
The following definitions apply to this agreement:
- Service: refers to any of Xuviate’s programs, services and/or products, including but not limited to:
- Xuviate Mastermind Groups (peer-coaching)
- Kanban Bootcamps (online, hands-on training)
- Business Agility Coaching and related remote/onsite coaching services
- Kanban Labs online workshops
- The IT Leader Growth Summit 2018
- The eXuviate Community hosted on the Mighty Networks platform
- The Blog, eXpander, Business Agility Daily and other thought leadership material made available on the Website
- Website: refers to any websites and applications hosted on the xuviate.com domain or which otherwise belong to Xuviate. This includes any ancillary sites served from such domains (such as e.xuviate.com). In some instances, third-party software and/or services are integrated to deliver a complete solution to the User.
- Service Partner: refers to non-Xuviate employees or partner organizations who may, from time to time, get involved to enhance the Service to the User.
- Social Media: refers to any online presence Xuviate may cultivate on LinkedIn, Facebook, Xing, Meetup and/or Twitter.
- Confidential Information: information that is proprietary or confidential and is either clearly labelled as such, or identified by a party as confidential;
- User: refers to any user browsing our Website and/or purchasing or accessing any of the Xuviate Services
- Content: copyright-protected original works which are made available to Users as part of the Service;
- Company: refers to the specific organization or organizations the User buys the Services for;
- Business Day: any day which is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany;
- Normal Business Hours: 8.00 am to 5.00 pm Central European Time, each Business Day;
Clause headings shall not affect the interpretation of this agreement.
Reference to a “person” includes an individual, or a corporate or unincorporated body, and includes that person’s legal representatives, successors-in-title, or permitted assigns.
Words in the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
A reference to one gender shall include a reference to the other genders.
A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being, taking account of any amendment, extension, or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation made under it which is for the time being in force.
A reference to “writing” or “written” includes faxes, e-mail, or any other form of electronic communication.
Availability of the Service
Many of the Services are delivered on a pre-determined schedule and are not dependent on the availability of the Website for their normal functioning.
While Xuviate will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the Service(s), the Website, as well as the integrated applications and services from external vendors are available 24 hours a day, Xuviate shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience suffered if the Service is unavailable at any time for any period and for any reason.
Support services are provided during Normal Business Hours as well as on a best-effort basis for times falling outside of these.
If you need support, please email us at [email protected].
Registering an Account
For some of our products and programs you may have to register or establish an account (collectively “Account”), subject to the terms of this Agreement, before Xuviate shall make the Service available to you.
You may not create an account for anyone other than yourself without that person’s permission.
You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you register with, and as you use, the Service, and you agree to update your Account information to keep it accurate and complete.
You agree that Xuviate may store and use your Account information to maintain your Account.
You will be responsible for keeping your Account secure, and for all activities that take place on your Account.
Xuviate will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of any unauthorized use of your Account, or Account information by any other person.
You agree to immediately notify Xuviate of any security breach of your Account or any loss of your Account information.
Xuviate reserves the right to suspend your Account and/or discontinue providing the Service to you if it suspects that there has been or will be any unauthorised activity taking place on your Account, and Xuviate will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss arising from the suspension of your Account.
Non-registered users may be granted limited access to certain parts of the Service without registering an Account. However, such non-registered users will still be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
Purchase, Subscription Fees and Payment
When agreeing to purchase a Service, you agree to pay all fees due to Xuviate for your use of the Service.
Where subscription fees are applicable, they are billed in advance on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis (as per the option chosen by you) and are non-refundable (after the initial refund window) for the subscription period they are purchased for.
If payments are not made on time, you agree to pay interest on all past-due sums at a rate of 1.5% per month or the highest rate allowed by law, whichever is greater.
For online purchases, you shall ensure that you provide Xuviate with a valid Credit Card account or similar online payment means, and you hereby authorize Xuviate to recover the recurring subscription fees payable by you.
If Xuviate does not receive any payment due by you, it may immediately and without liability to you, disable your access to the Service.
All subscription fees are payable in EUR and are exclusive of value added tax, which shall be added to your invoice at the appropriate rate.
Any foreign exchange rate fluctuations which may affect the fees payable by you to Xuviate will be for your account.
Xuviate may increase the subscription fees charged at any time and such increased fees will automatically apply to your use of the Service thereafter.
In some instances, Xuviate may bundle the Service with other products or services, in which case the fees and payment terms of the other product or service take precedence.
Guarantee and Refund Policy
We offer a 30-day refund window for Service purchases.
In the event that you decide your purchase was not the right decision, contact us via email at [email protected] and let us know you’d like a refund by no later than the 30th day at 11:59 CET.
No refunds will be given after 30 days from the original date of purchase. After day 30, all payments are non-refundable and you are responsible for full payment of the fees for the Service regardless if you use the information or not.
All refunds are discretionary as determined by Xuviate. If you download all the materials and/or take advantage of the special deals/discounts and/or clearly receive value from the Service and then ask for a refund, we reserve the right to deny your request. Why? Our generous refund policy was built to give people the opportunity to see if the Service is a good fit for their business. Stealing the material and getting free consulting is NOT covered under this policy.
Acceptable Use of the Service
You are authorized to use the Service only in terms of the license granted to you in section “Copyright and Intellectual Property” below.
You shall not:
- attempt to copy, modify, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Service, the Software, or this Website, in any form or media or by any means; or
- attempt to reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to human-perceivable form all or any part of the Service, or the Website; or
- access all or any part of the Service to build a product or service which competes with the Service or Software or any other product or service offered by Xuviate; or
- use the Service to provide your own services to third parties; or
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, display, disclose, or otherwise commercially exploit, or otherwise make the Service or Software available to any third party; or
- attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the Service, or this Website, other than as provided for in this agreement.
You agree to use all reasonable commercial efforts to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, the Service and Software and to promptly notify Xuviate if you become aware of any unauthorised access or use.
You agree that you will not use the Service to:
- upload, download, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, harmful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, violent, obscene, vulgar, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise objectionable;
- stalk, harass, threaten or harm another;
- pretend to be anyone, or any entity, you are not;
- engage in any copyright infringement or other intellectual property infringement, or disclose any trade secret or confidential information in violation of a confidentiality, employment, or nondisclosure agreement;
- post, send, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized email messages, advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or chain letters, including, without limitation, bulk commercial advertising and informational announcements;
- upload, post, email, transmit, store or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to harm, interfere with or limit the normal operation of the Service or Software (or any part thereof), or any other computer software or hardware;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service (including accessing the Service through any automated means, like scripts or web crawlers), or any servers or networks connected to the Service, or any policies, requirements or regulations of networks connected to the Service (including any unauthorized access to, use or monitoring of data or traffic thereon); or
- plan or engage in any illegal activity; and/or gather and store personal information on any other users of the Service to be used in connection with any of the foregoing prohibited activities.
User Generated Content
Content provided by you in the form of, but not limited to, articles, blog posts, webinars, interviews, messages, recommendations, comments, reviews or replies, or any other communication left directly by you on this Website, on Social Media or provided to Xuviate through any other form of communication (‘’User Generated Content’’) is not pre-screened or approved by Xuviate.
Xuviate does not accept responsibility, under any circumstances for any User Generated Content, but does however reserve the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to delete, refuse or move any User Generated Content made available on this Website, the Service or on Social Media.
Xuviate does not endorse any content or opinion, statement, recommendation, comment, reply, review or advice expressed in any User Generated Content and expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection thereto.
If you feel that any User Generated Content found on this Website, the Software or Social Media does not comply with the standards set out above, or that such content infringes any of your rights, you can contact Xuviate directly at [email protected].
Copyright and Intellectual Property
This Website, Service and Social Media and all content made available on any of them by Xuviate, including but not limited to any photographs, articles, listings, information, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, trade names, logos, advertisements, videos, trademarks and service marks (“Content“), but excluding User Generated Content, are protected by German and international copyright law and trade mark law, and are owned by or licensed to Xuviate.
Xuviate grants to you, subject to the further terms of this agreement, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, display, download or use the existing and future Content for personal, non-commercial and information purposes only. Any reproduction of such Content must include the following copyright notice: ‘© Xuviate 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED’.
You agree that you will not use any proprietary information or materials in any way whatsoever except for use of the Service in compliance with this Agreement.
No portion of the Service may be reproduced in any form or by any means, except as expressly permitted in these terms. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Service, in any manner.
You may not frame nor use framing technologies to enclose this Website or the Content or any part thereof without Xuviate’s prior written consent.
Use of any Content from this Website in electronic clipping services, personalised news services, or personal blogs shall only be allowed if a short summary or extract of the Content is copied or provided, and not the whole piece of Content; and Xuviate is acknowledged as the source of the Content; and a correct and working hyperlink is provided to the source of the Content on this Website; and the date upon which the Content was sourced from the Website is stated in the summary of the Content.
You may quote small and reasonable amounts of Content available from this Website only if such quote is placed in inverted commas, the author is acknowledged and a hyperlink to the quoted Content, where available, is provided as a footnote to such quote.
To request permission to use any Content contained on this Website, you can contact [email protected] with details of the specific Content and your intended use of such Content.
In order for Xuviate to perform its obligations under this Agreement its authorised staff has unlimited access to all Confidential Information contained in the system.
Xuviate agrees to hold your Confidential Information in confidence and, unless required by law, not make your Confidential Information available to any other person, for any purpose other than the implementation of this Agreement.
Confidential Information shall not include information that:
- is or becomes publicly known other than through any act or omission by Xuviate;
- was in Xuviate’s lawful possession before the disclosure;
- is lawfully disclosed to Xuviate by a third party without restriction on disclosure;
- is independently developed by Xuviate; or
- is required to be disclosed by law, by any court of competent jurisdiction or by any regulatory or administrative body.
Certain Content and Services available may include materials from third parties. Xuviate may provide links to third-party web sites as a convenience to you.
You agree that Xuviate is not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and Xuviate does not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or Websites, or for any other materials, products, or services provided by third parties as part of the Service or otherwise.
You agree that you will not use any third-party materials in a manner that would infringe or violate the rights of any other party and that Xuviate is not in any way responsible for any such use by you.
Some links on the Web Site or in our communication with you may earn us revenue if products are purchased following the clicking of links.
Take Down Notice Procedure
Any notice of unlawful activity sent to Xuviate must be in writing and must be addressed to either Xuviate or its designated agent. The notice must include the following:
- the full names and address of the complainant;
- the written or electronic signature of the complainant;
- identification of the right that has allegedly been infringed;
- identification of the material or activity that is claimed to be the subject of unlawful activity;
- the remedial action required to be taken by the service provider in respect of the complaint;
- telephonic and electronic contact details, if any, of the complainant;
- a statement that the complainant is acting in good faith;
- a statement by the complainant that the information in the take-down notification is to his or her knowledge true and correct.
Any person who lodges a notification of unlawful activity with a service provider knowing that it materially misrepresents the facts is liable for damages for wrongful take-down.
In the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of either Party, including without limitation acts of God, war, curtailment or interruption of transportation facilities, threats or acts of terrorism, Government travel advisory, labour strikes or civil disturbance, make it inadvisable, illegal, or impossible, either because of unreasonable increased costs or risk of injury, for either Company to perform its obligations under this Agreement, the Company’s performance shall be extended without liability for the period of delay or inability to perform due to such occurrence.
If you fail, or Xuviate suspects that you have failed, to comply with any of the provisions of this agreement, Xuviate, at its sole discretion, without notice to you may:
- terminate this Agreement and/or your Account; and/or
- terminate the license to the Service; and/or
- suspend or deny you access to the Service (or any part thereof).
Xuviate reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) at any time with or without notice to you, and Xuviate will not be liable to you or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
Every effort has been made to accurately represent the Service(s) and its potential.
There is no guarantee that you will get similar results using the techniques and ideas in these materials.
Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee of results. Results are entirely dependent on the person using our product, ideas and techniques.
Any claims made of actual results or examples of actual results can be verified upon request.
Your level of success in attaining the results claimed in our materials depends on the time you devote to the program, ideas and techniques mentioned, your finances, knowledge and various skills.
Many factors will be important in determining your actual results and no guarantees are made that you will achieve results similar to ours or anybody else’s, in fact no guarantees are made that you will achieve any results from our ideas and techniques in our material.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Liability Limitation
XUVIATE DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT, OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME XUVIATE MAY REMOVE THE SERVICE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME, OR CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED BY XUVIATE HEREIN) PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO CASE SHALL XUVIATE, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT (OR PRODUCT) POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, XUVIATE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
XUVIATE SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT MATERIALS OR INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, BUT YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND XUVIATE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
XUVIATE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND XUVIATE DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO.
Waiver and Indemnity
BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD XUVIATE, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, OR ANY ACTION TAKEN BY XUVIATE AS PART OF ITS INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR AS A RESULT OF ITS FINDING OR DECISION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS MEANS THAT YOU CANNOT SUE OR RECOVER ANY DAMAGES FROM XUVIATE, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, AND LICENSORS AS A RESULT OF ITS DECISION TO REMOVE OR REFUSE TO PROCESS ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT, TO WARN YOU, TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, OR TO TAKE ANY OTHER ACTION DURING THE INVESTIGATION OF A SUSPECTED VIOLATION OR AS A RESULT OF XUVIATE’S CONCLUSION THAT A VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT HAS OCCURRED. THIS WAIVER AND INDEMNITY PROVISION APPLIES TO ALL VIOLATIONS DESCRIBED IN, RESULTING FROM, OR CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Xuviate and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Xuviate regarding the Service.
You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content, or third-party software.
If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Xuviate’s failure to enforce any right or provisions in this agreement will not constitute a waiver of such or any other provision.
Xuviate will not be responsible for failures to fulfil any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
The Service is operated by Xuviate from its offices in Germany and South Africa. The laws of Germany apply to your use of the Service. All transactions on the Service are governed by German law, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other laws. You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or dispute with Xuviate or relating in any way to your use of the Service resides in the courts of Germany.
Xuviate may send you notice with respect to the Service by sending an email message to your Account email address or a letter via postal mail to your Account mailing address, or by a posting on the Service. Notices shall become effective immediately.
Xuviate reserves the right to take steps it believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement. You agree that Xuviate has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any Registration Data and/or Account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or a third party, as Xuviate believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement (including but not limited to Xuviate’s right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Service, and/or a third-party claim that your use of the Service is unlawful and/or infringes such third party’s rights).
Changes to this Agreement
Xuviate reserves the right at any time to modify this agreement and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Service. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately and incorporated into this agreement. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed acceptance thereof.