Small and mid-sized businesses often don't know where to start when tackling business process optimisation and automation.
During this session with Brennan McLean and Rashid Golchin from Tacklebox Solutions, we discussed some approaches how to get started with mapping out, optimising and automating business processes. All this needs a breakdown of silo thinking within the business, but also the inclusion of specialist knowledge that no business of that size can be expected to have in-house or easily develop.
Worldwide we are seeing all the more relatively senior experts become available as independent consultants, but businesses often don't know that there is help "out there".
We spent some time deliberating how to engage with external consultants on a short and longer term basis to optimise the outcomes whilst keeping expenses in check.
Listen to this episode:
- Create a digital, visual workflow map and have the work flow through that map. This way, any worker in the company with a screen and an account can finally see where an order, job, shipment etc. is in their specific workflow.
- Provide pathways and connections through the visual workflow map and related database tools for photos, videos, documents and links so that workers can easily access important information.
- Integrate digital, visual workflow tools with other technology such as ERP applications, mobile form applications, digital checklists and more so that workers can access more useful functionality from a central tool.
- Train and support all team members so that all of the technologies are working well for the people and companies who are using them.
- A sense of relief! This newfound visibility into their workflow makes day to day work so much less stressful and much more productive.
- Growth. With less time focused on chasing paper, making phone calls and sending emails, there is more time to spend with clients, with co-workers and on continuing to improve at work and beyond.