Be honest, did you think "one can't see the wood for the trees" when you had your first look at a Cycle Time Scatter Plot used in Kanban?
Most people do, myself included.
And with that you and I lost an opportunity to answer important questions such as "how long will it take to complete a particular work item".
In the meantime I have learned a lot about this very useful visualisation and have put together this Business Agility Daily video to help you too.
Below are the other episodes in this series on flow metrics:
- Ep 59 – Actionable Metrics to Predict When Work Will Get Done
- Ep 60 – Making Flow Visible – The Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Ep 62 – Get a Birds-Eye View with the Flow Efficiency and Heatmap Charts
- Ep 63 – Analyse Current Work in Progress – Run Chart and Aging WIP
- Ep 64 – Using Monte Carlo to Predict When Work Will Be Done
- Ep 65 – Use PowerBI to Build Powerful Dashboards for Kanbanize
Was this helpful? Please let me know in the comments below!