When will this work be done?
Don't you just hate this question?
Even with your best planning, you always seem to miss something ... and your team has to run like crazy to deliver against yet another impossible deadline.
But that is still a good outcome, let's not even consider the worst case when eventually just everybody points fingers at everyone...
Fortunately there is a really simple solution to this problem when you are using Kanban.
Its called Flow Metrics.
In this video I'll explain the basics and define the 3 key metrics.
In the next few videos I'll then show you the most useful Kanbanize graphs for improving your team's predictability and answering this troublesome question.
Below are the other episodes in this series on flow metrics:
- Ep 59 – Actionable Metrics to Predict When Work Will Get Done
- Ep 60 – Making Flow Visible – The Cumulative Flow Diagram
- Ep 61 – A Look at Cycle Time – Scatterplot and Histogram
- Ep 62 – Get a Birds-Eye View with the Flow Efficiency and Heatmap Charts
- Ep 63 – Analyse Current Work in Progress – Run Chart and Aging WIP
- Ep 64 – Using Monte Carlo to Predict When Work Will Be Done
- Ep 65 – Use PowerBI to Build Powerful Dashboards for Kanbanize
Do you have a specific question about the Kanbanize Analytics engine? Then tell us below and we'll see what we can do...